The Baker-Polito Administration’s comprehensive plan to safely reopen the Massachusetts economy, get people back to work, and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
- May 18, 2020 allows Manufacturing and Construction as well as Place of Worship to open if certain safety standards are met.
- May 25, 2020 allows Office, Retail (Curb pickup or remote fulfillment only), Hair Salon/Barber, Pet Grooming, Car Washes to open if sector-specific safety standards are met.
- For a comprehensive listing of all business types an their anticipated opening date, please visit this website.
All workplaces are required to perform the following, even if they were previously open on the Essential Services List:
- Fill out a COVID Safety Plan. Keep at the workplace
- Fill out a self-certification. Post at the workplace
- Train employees on Covid prevention. Training must be effective for employees to understand and implement the COVID safety measures put in place.
- Post signage: Mandatory Safety Standards
There are additional Sector Specific Workplace Standards for some businesses
- Certain sectors must also comply with Sector Specific COVID Safety Standards, available at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-massachusetts.
- Office Spaces
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Pet Grooming
- Car Washes
- Retail – curbside pickup or remote fulfillment only. In-store browsing prohibited until Phase 2.
Please contact the Health Department with any questions
Phases of Reopening