The Gardner Public School District is committed to ensuring that every child, in every classroom, every day, will: feel welcomed, safe, and included in our community; have adults consistently interact in ways that foster positive, supportive relationships; and be engaged in relevant, academically rigorous instruction. Our core values of Community, Appreciation, Responsibility and Excellence show that we C.A.R.E. about our students, our community, and the commitment we've made as educators.
Thank you for your patience as we've developed these resources for your use during the school closing! Please contact your school with any specific questions! Read on...
Please see the attached information regarding GPS Special Education resources. Read on...
Our school-based coordinators connect youth and their families to local resources from mental health and medical providers to housing and heating assistance. Please reach out to our coordinators if you are in need during this critical time. Additional Info...
Dear Families of the Gardner Public Schools,
I would like to extend a warm welcome back to school. We have been busy this summer preparing for the upcoming school year and have much to share!
As I reflect on our accomplishments this last year, I realize that they are all the result of the hard work of our teachers and staff! All of our data, including the latest preliminary MCAS performance, family and staff surveys, independent educational programming audits, and academic achievement scores, indicate that our schools are going in the right direction!
The entire staff is making the district better every day.
I am truly excited to have exceptional, dedicated leaders in our administrative positions in every school. Each familiar face is dedicated to Gardner and has committed to seeing through the positive changes we are implementing academically and culturally.
I also have to say how thrilled I am that our school committee, mayor, and city council have pledged to support our school funding to ensure we continue to grow and improve our educational and enrichment programs for all students. I would like to thank them all for their commitment to the children and families of Gardner!
I wish you a happy time for the rest of your summer and look forward to seeing you in the near future! We at the Superintendent’s office, wish everyone a productive 2019-2020 school year.
Mark J. Pellegrino
To all of my students:
When you unload the dishwasher, don’t forget to load it afterwards.
When you take out the trash, remember to replace the bag.
When you mow the lawn, pick up the clippings.
I think you get the idea.
However, most importantly, remember that your chores will be easy compared with the hard work we will expect in school. So enjoy every minute of your summer, including your chores, because when you get to school, you’ll get to work!
PS I hope you took the time to READ this summer!
Every Child, in Every Classroom, Every Day will:
feel welcomed, safe, and included in our community;
- Adults will personally welcome each child as they enter the school and each classroom.
- The layout of the school and each classroom will be inviting and conducive to learning.
- Students will learn social/emotional skills through direct instruction, supports, and institutional practices.
- Disciplinary practices are restorative rather than punitive--repairing relationships.
- Schools will actively engage families in the education of their children and community.
have adults consistently interact in ways that foster positive, supportive relationships;
- School expectations, practices, and rules will be informed by the chronological and actual developmental levels of the children we serve.
- Adult responses to children’s behaviors will be empathetic and caring, considering their comprehensive knowledge of the child’s development and any possible trauma or stressors.
- The school will work proactively and collaboratively with families to support the whole child.
and be engaged in relevant, academically rigorous instruction, informed by data.
- Each lesson will incorporate rigorous student tasks that engage all learners, provoke higher-order thinking, monitor each student’s progress, and provide feedback to students for improvement.
- The schools will monitor and adapt their instruction to ensure students learn the skills and knowledge to prepare them for their own future.