Waterford Street School (Pre K-1)
Waterford Street School will be a first experience with school for many of our Gardner students and their families. We aim for that to be a positive experience for all; one that fosters a life-long love of learning in children, while encouraging parents to be involved in their student's education through high school graduation and beyond.
Hello Waterford Street School Families!
At Waterford, we are committed to being a place where all community members are enthusiastic, kind, cooperative, and resourceful lifelong achievers. We strive to accomplish this by:
Learning and practicing what it means to be a safe, respectful, and responsible Waterford Street School citizen - these three words make up our school mantra. We teach and live these values daily.
Providing a rigorous, enriching, and enjoyable academic experience. We want your child to come home every day with knowledge to share, skills to demonstrate, and a smile on their face!
Fostering positive relationships between the staff, students, and their families.
Infusing your child with a sense of belonging and pride in their school. Go Waterford Wildcats!
Incorporating every child’s family as part of the school community. My door is always open and I welcome questions, concerns, and ideas parents and other members of the community would like to share. I also hope to see you at the many events we’ll have throughout the year celebrating the great work our teachers and students are doing.
We look forward to a great school year!
Waterford Street School Principal
An exemplary school requires effective leaders.
- Pursue school’s vision on a daily basis.
- Facilitate teacher participation in decision making process.
At Waterford Street School the staff will work cooperatively with both the students and their families.
- Have high expectations for student achievement and accept responsibility to help students meet those standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues on all facets of school improvement initiatives.
Curriculum and Instruction
We realize that the early school years are a time for children to discover how to learn and to build an inner excitement for continued success and greater explorations.
- Strive to be facilitators of the joy of learning while remembering the importance of child development principles.
- The learning standards are guided by specific, clearly stated goals for each grade level.
Our school will establish clear guidelines for student behavior to provide a supportive and respectful environment that is emotionally and physically safe for young children.
- Entire staff helps students understand the importance of school rules and values.
- School rules are based upon fundamental principles that provide clear guidelines.
Waterford Street School will collaborate with the community to establish effective communication.
- Partnership in education is achieved by parents, students and teachers working toward the school’s commitment to lifelong learning.
Students will participate with staff to reach their fullest potential striving to become responsible citizens. With a positive self-image, students will serve as role models for one another.
- Accept responsibilities for their learning and decisions.
- Believe in themselves and take pride in their accomplishments.