Good afternoon. First, thank you all for your continued patience and understanding as we plan for the re-opening of Gardner Public Schools and Elm Street School virtually on Tuesday, September 15th.
-As you can see in the link, there are no individual schedules. All classroom / homeroom teachers will be in contact with families by next Tuesday, September 8th with their specific learning schedule.
A few additional points of clarification:
- Student schedules were developed by teachers and service providers to provide a unique learning experience for all.
- We suggest you write your child’s schedule down, print out the schedule, take a screenshot, or get a copy of the schedule for reference.
- Please note that every Wednesday will primarily be an asynchronous learning day. This means that students will work in their selected learning platform (SeeSaw for Grade 2 and Google Classroom for Grades 3 & 4) independently. Wednesdays will also be days that teachers offer Office Hours for extra help and conduct meetings.
- Please impart in your students that Remote Learning IS school time and is required. Just like if we were learning in person, attendance requirements have been set out by The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). Daily attendance will be collected by teachers. Please communicate with your student’s teacher(s) any issues you experience in attending synchronous learning and/or asynchronous learning opportunities. More details will follow next week as to how students will access their Teachers SeeSaw/Google Classroom,attendance,grades,etc.
- Below are some things recommendations for Remote Learning at home:
- Creating a home work space for your student that can replicate a school set up the best you can in your homes. Please avoid bedrooms if possible,unless there is a desk set up or you have no other options
- You may wish to get your child an agenda book, calendar, or anything where they can make and keep their daily schedule, keep track of homework assignments / due dates etc. Helping your student to develop organization skills will serve them well.
- Positivity will prevail, even when, and it will happen, we have issues on our end or you do on your end. ( ex. Internet connections, confusing the schedules, etc). We will work hard to communicate effectively with families when problems arise and work together to solve them in the best interest of the students
There will be more details coming out next week so please be on the lookout. As always, please reach out to me with any questions/concerns/comments. We ALL will get through this TOGETHER.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding. Have a great weekend!