ARPA Sign Program & ARPA Facade Program
ARPA SIGN PROGRAM
Reimbursement for the cost of a sign for your business up to $2,500.
Only business owners with a street entrance may apply
- Sign Design
- A cost estimate from a sign company
- A drawing of the sign at a scale no smaller than 1/2” = 1’
- a written description of the proposed sign indicating materials, colors and message
- Approval for hanging the sign, either:
- Property deed, paid municipal tax bill and property insurance certificate OR
- Business lease and property owner's release to erect the sign
Guidelines for the sign design can be found here.
ARPA FACADE PROGRAM - PROGRAM CLOSED
The City of Gardner through its Department of Community Development and Planning (DCDP) is offering funding to qualified for-profit businesses, nonprofit organizations, and multi-family homeowners in commercial districts for façade improvements utilizing American Rescue Plan Act (APRA) funds awarded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. A Façade Grant is offered to owners of properties within the commercial districts as an incentive to improve or restore the original character of their buildings. Façade improvement projects must contribute to and not detract from the attractiveness of the buildings and the street scape.
The goals of the Program are to:
- Stimulate private investment
- Preserve and beautify the City of Gardner
- Promote a consistently high quality that will be attractive to visitors and patrons
The objective of the program is to assist in restoring, substantially beautifying, and/or enhancing the entire façade of a commercial building. The program is intended to assist projects that promote retail and service activities, create an attractive environment, encourage neighborhood character and architectural design, use quality materials, and reflect the vitality of the community.
Full guidelines, application, and required documents can be found here.
Both of these programs are funded through American Rescue Plan coronavirus state and local fiscal recovery funds, and administered by the U.S. Department of Treasury, and the City of Gardner.
If you have any questions, please contact Economic Development Coordinator, Jessica DeRoy at email@example.com or 978-630-4074 x1.
Mail or drop off completed applications to: