- 7 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Manca Annex Conference Room
115 Pleasant Street
Gardner, MA 01440
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View most recent agendas and minutes.
- Mark M. Schafron, Chairman
May 04, 2026
- Robert J. Swartz, Vice Chairman
February 18, 2019
- Paul A. Cormier, Member
November 12, 2024
- Robert J. Bettez, Sr., Member
December 31, 2014
- Stephen E. Cormier, Member
May 24, 2024
The Planning Board is authorized under Massachusetts General Laws (MGL) Chapter 41 to regulate:
- The subdivision of land
- The laying out and construction of roadways
- The installation of municipal services in subdivisions
- The improvement and sale of lots within a subdivision.
This permitting process is controlled by the Board’s Rules and Regulations Governing The Subdivision of Land.
Under MGL 41, the Planning Board is also responsible for preparing plans and studies related to the City’s resources, possibilities and needs as well as advising the City Council on the layout, alteration, relocation or discontinuance of public ways.
Pursuant to MGL 40A and under the provisions of the City’s Zoning Code, the Planning Board is responsible for Site Plan Review (Subsection 675-1020) and is designated the Special Permit Granting Authority in limited instances, see Subsection 675-1170.
The Planning Board reviews plans for uses and structures which may have significant impacts on:
- Municipal buildings
- Public services
- The environment
- Community economics
- The City’s visual and historic character and development goals.