Meters are active Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can park for three hours. On official holiday dates, and on dates where the City observes the holiday, parking meter time limits are also not enforced.
Paying for Parking at a Metered Spot
You will find options to pay meters with coins and credit cards. To avoid getting a ticket, you must return to your car before the time expires on the meter.
How the Smart Meters Work
- If paying with coins, insert them in the coin slot until the desired time is reached on display.
- If paying with credit card, insert and remove your credit or debit card. The smart meter accepts Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover.
- With the blue [+] and [-] buttons, select the amount of time. The cost for that time will be displayed underneath.
- Press the green [OK] button to confirm your payment, or red [CANCEL] button to stop your transaction. The meter will attempt to authorize the payment shown on the screen if neither button is pressed after 35 seconds.
- Wait for the authorization of the card.
Parking Meter Costs
Parking in the City of Gardner is $0.50 per hour. If using a credit card a convenience fee of $0.25 is applied to each transaction.
Parking Meter Receipts
Visit the Parking Meter Receipts website.
Parking Ticket Help