All toters must be in compliance with the requirements of the Board of Health and Waste Management in order to be picked-up at the curb. Trash and recyclable toters must not be overstuffed and the lids must be closed.
Residents pay for a 48 gallon trash service and either a 64 or 96 gallon recycle service, therefore, all trash and recyclables MUST fit inside the toter and should not be overflowing.
If you have an excess of trash that needs to be disposed of, you may purchase City’s yellow "pay as you throw bags" for any over flow. These can be purchased at the Gardner Board of Health, (Room 29) in Gardner City Hall, Hannafords, Aubuchons, Price Chopper or TOPPS.
Residents can also purchase a sticker in order to gain access to the transfer station to dispose of any extra trash, recyclables or bulk items.
Starting the week of June 12, 2017 all toters must be in compliance with the trash requirements or toters will not be picked up.
If you have any questions, please direct all calls to the Gardner Board of Health at 978-630-4013.
Toter Do’s & Don’ts
- Do place your toter out by 7 AM on the day of collection
- Do place your toter at the curb with the serial # facing the street
- Do leave 3 ft. between your trash and recycling toters
- Don’t park in front of your toter or place it behind an obstacle, such as a pole, mailbox, etc.
- Don’t put your toter out more than 24 hours in advance
- Don’t overfill toter